Where & When
March 10, 2015 at 06:00 PM
Camunda Services GmbH, Zossener Strasse 55-58, 10961 Berlin (Googlemaps)
The Camunda process engine currently uses relational SQL Databases for runtime persistence. This limits possibilities to horizontally scale the process engine. It seems promising to explore other NoSQL persistence options to overcome this limitation.
Camunda users at Zalando
have built a prototype
in which they exchanged the Camunda persistence layer to support Apache Cassandra
. In this Meeting they will give an overview of their results and learnings.
Topics for further Discussion:
- What are the advantages of using Apache Cassandra over a relational database?
- What are the challenges when using Apache Cassandra as persistence provide for a Process Engine? In particular:
- What would be the consistency model?
- What would be a good data representation model for Apache Cassandra?
- How to minimize network overhead?
- What are typical use cases for a process engine running on top of Apache Cassandra?
- Outlook: other approaches to horizontal scalability
All of this plus beer and pizza promises to be a very interesting evening. We are looking forward to seeing you at Camunda HQ.
Blog post: http://blog.camunda.org/2015/03/camunda-meets-cassandra-zalando.html